ORGANIC BANANA, coins
Botanical Name: Musa acuminata
Ingredients: Dehydrated Bananas
Country of Origin: Mexico
Production: Bananas are thought to have been cultivated for the first time approximately 5,000 years ago in Papua New Guinea, and were introduced to the Americas by Portuguese sailors in the 1600s. A staple in tropical countries, bananas are a common feature and are used in their entirety for many basic needs - huge banana leaves are used for rudimentary shelter or roofing from tropical downpours, and the stalks and trunks of small banana trees make excellent building materials, for ropes, or small boats. The nutrient-rich, hydrating fruit itself is used in almost every dish and eaten with most meals.
Qualities: A fresh banana gets about 75 percent of its weight from water. The drying process removes about 96 percent of this water content, making dehydrated bananas a far more concentrated source of calories and nutrients than the fresh fruit! Ounce for ounce, dehydrated bananas are about four times higher in fiber, potassium, carbohydrates, sugar and calories than fresh bananas. They’re only slightly higher in vitamin B-6 primarily because it’s a water-soluble vitamin. Dehydrated bananas are actually about 20 percent lower in vitamin C, a water-soluble vitamin that’s particularly sensitive to heat.
Common Use: Sweet and chewy, these dried bananas are absolutely delicious as a snack on their own, or can be used to make banana bread!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 ⅓ cups mashed ripe bananas OR mashed bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 ℉. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Tip: you can also throw in ½ a cup of chocolate drops as a tasty addition!
Storage: Keep in a cool, dry spot in a fully sealed container or bag.
Disclaimer: This information is for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the CFIA or FDA. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This product has been packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and other potential allergens.
Om my God
YUMMY and Delicious!!! Om
this are sooo awesome! they are not like banana chips, the texture of this is chewy and packed with flavour! love love LOVE them!
I can snack on them all day
Always love shopping with you
Always love shopping with you guys !
Always happy with the product at OM