SEVEN SEA-VEGGIES BLEND
Ingredients: dulse, nori, sea lettuce, wakame, kombu, longicruris, and knotted wrack flakes
Production: All ingredients are sustainably wildcrafted and hand-harvested from the icy, clean waters of the Bay of Fundy, Canada, then sun-dried.
Qualities: The Seven Sea-Veggie Blend is an amazing nutritional booster, providing many vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and trace elements from the sea. Each ingredient has its own beneficial properties:
- Dulse: provides a wealth of minerals, vitamins, fiber, and protein. It is rich in healthy fatty acids, trace minerals and antioxidants.
- Nori: rich in carotenes, vitamin C and B12, and iodine.
- Sea Lettuce: provides an abundance of minerals, vitamins, iron, and protein. It is also rich in iodine, manganese, and nickel.
- Wakame: a rich source of eicosapentaenoic acid, an omega-3 fatty acid, magnesium, iodine, calcium, and iron. In oriental medicine it has been used for blood purification and intestinal strength.
- Kombu: known for tenderizing proteins and supporting healthy digestion. It is also a great source of iron and iodine.
- Laminaria longicruris: Commonly used as a rich source of iodine, which is generally used to promote thyroid health.
- Knotted Wrack: Also known as Ascophyllum nodosum, is said to have anti-inflammatory properties, and it is a source of iodine, potassium, magnesium, and calcium.
Common Use: This blend can be added to a variety of recipes including rice and soup stocks. It can also be sprinkled on meals as a nutritious seasoning.
Storage: Store in a cool, dark, dry place.
Safety: Seaweeds contain naturally high levels of iodine. This product is harvested from the sea. Consumption of this product may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in persons with allergies to fish or shellfish.
Disclaimer: This information is for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the CFIA or FDA. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This product has been packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and other potential allergens.
- Reviews (5)
Using seaweed flakes
I use seaweed flakes a lot to get that nutrition into me, my favourite way to use flakes is to sprinkle it on my popcorn, not only good for you but delicious!
A healthy hit of sea nummies
I'm hyperthyroid, so have been on a quest for natural remedies to keep it in check and get off the meds. After purchasing this sea veggies blend, I realized how salty it is, and adding it to my fruit smoothies was a bit off for me. Then I tried it in my home made V-8 juice, and now it's my favorite drink! Another incredible and healthy product from OM. Love you guys!
This is a great blend to add to any dish you enjoy. I like to make my own green powder formulation and include this blend. ***Disclaimer: Om Foods does not guarantee all items are in stock at the time of your order (even if it says it is in stock) . If you rely on any items to go together for any recipe or formulation, please be aware of this. I learned the hard way and now have items waiting to be used which is an inconvenience. They have suggested the customer write in their order notes not to process certain items if another item ends up being out of stock due to the nature of the wholesale market.
Sea Veggie Sprinkle
Delighted with this blend! I am a big fan of increasing my daily dose of minerals.. and this little condiment is great to sprinkle on just about anything :)
Easy health booster!
I'm not a fan of seafood or seaweed but I have been able to add this powdered mix by the handfuls to everything I make, without altering the taste. Love it!