SEVEN SEA-VEGGIES BLEND, wildcrafted
Ingredients: dulse, nori, sea lettuce, wakame, kombu, longicruris, and knotted wrack flakes
Production: All ingredients are sustainably wildcrafted and hand-harvested from the icy, clean waters of the Bay of Fundy, Canada, then sun-dried.
Qualities: The Seven Sea-Veggie Blend is an amazing nutritional booster, providing many vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and trace elements from the sea. Each ingredient has its own beneficial properties:
- Dulse: provides a wealth of minerals, vitamins, fiber, and protein. It is rich in healthy fatty acids, trace minerals and antioxidants.
- Nori: rich in carotenes, vitamin C and B12, and iodine.
- Sea Lettuce: provides an abundance of minerals, vitamins, iron, and protein. It is also rich in iodine, manganese, and nickel.
- Wakame: a rich source of eicosapentaenoic acid, an omega-3 fatty acid, magnesium, iodine, calcium, and iron. In oriental medicine it has been used for blood purification and intestinal strength.
- Kombu: known for tenderizing proteins and supporting healthy digestion. It is also a great source of iron and iodine.
- Laminaria longicruris: Commonly used as a rich source of iodine, which is generally used to promote thyroid health.
- Knotted Wrack: Also known as Ascophyllum nodosum, is said to have anti-inflammatory properties, and it is a source of iodine, potassium, magnesium, and calcium.
Common Use: This blend can be added to a variety of recipes including rice and soup stocks. It can also be sprinkled on meals as a nutritious seasoning.
Storage: Store in a cool, dark, dry place.
Safety: Seaweeds contain naturally high levels of iodine. This product is harvested from the sea. Consumption of this product may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in persons with allergies to fish or shellfish.
Disclaimer: This information is for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the CFIA or FDA. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This product has been packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and other potential allergens.
Excellent mix, good not overpowering flavour
I like seaweeds in the mixture, although I also buy pulse, bladderwrack and keep, and often add all to my salads or cooked dishes, instead of salt. Love the taste, especially pulse.
This product was missing from my order
This was one thing I was really looking forward to in my order but it was missing
Seven seas veg blend
I've only recently discovered OM and am pleased with their products and service. The seven sea-veg blend was very nice on popcorn, along with nutritional yeast, sea salt and a bit of olive oil.
I use this product primarily when making Japanese dishes. Love it.
Super yummy, I use it sort of like a substitute for salt and sprinkle it on almost everything I make. Especially good source of nutrients for my non-seafood-eating hubby and my picky eater 3 year old.