- About Us
- Contact Us
- Track and manage my orders
- Contact us by phone (833)663 6637 ext. 1 or send us an Email
ORGANIC MATCHA GREEN TEA, powder, superior grade
Hurry up! Sales Ends In
Botanical Name: Camellia sinensis
Origin: Japan, Nishio region
Production: Matcha is known to be the finest green tea in the world. Shade-grown (to enhance chlorophyll content) and hand-picked, it is made from the finest whole tea leaves. After stems and veins have been removed, the leaves (aka Tencha) are carefully stone ground on artisanal granite mills to produce a very fine (5-10 microns) powder which means you are consuming the entire leaf when drinking Matcha.
There are many different grades of Matcha, ranging from ceremonial grade (most expensive and primarily used for tea ceremonies in Japan) to Ingredient/Food grade (more affordable as it is blended with older leaves, resulting in a stronger flavor). This Superior grade Matcha is an excellent choice for a tasty and healthful drinking Matcha with a rich and delicate flavor.
Qualities: Matcha drinkers receive 100% of the benefits of the whole green tea leaf, enjoying and benefiting from its high levels of antioxidants (including the powerful EGCg), amino acids, vitamins, minerals (such as selenium, chromium, zinc, and magnesium), chlorophyll and fiber. Some studies have shown matcha to assist in reversing cancer and boosting metabolism.
Classic Japanese Matcha tea preparation:
- Place appx 1/2-1 tsp of matcha into a small hand sifter over a teacup or bowl
- Sift the Matcha into the cup/bowl to avoid clumps from forming in the tea (optional, but strongly recommended)
- Add 2-3 oz. (less than 1/3rd of the cup/bowl) of pre-boiled water (~180F/80C)
- Using a bamboo (or other whisks), whisk the tea briskly in an "m" or "w" motion. This whisking process aerates the tea, creating a nice frothy layer on the surface
- Gently rub the surface with the bamboo whisk to rid the froth of any large air bubbles.
- Add up to 6 oz. of hot water to taste (optional)
- To make a matcha latte, add some milk to taste (optional)
Storage: Store in a cool, dark, dry place. Light exposure will fade the powder and lower the quality!
Disclaimer: this information is for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the FDA or CFIA. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This product has been packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and other potential allergens.
Thank you for submitting a review!
Your input is very much appreciated. Share it with your friends so they can enjoy it too!
Favorite matcha ever
10000/10 I use this matcha to make matcha lattes every morning sometimes even twice a day because of how good it is, I only had an issue one time with the bag the enclosure part wouldn’t close but I put it in a stainless steel jar thing and all is well to keep it fresh in the fridge, I would recommend this to everyone.
Thank youKeep the quality highThis class of medicine deserves it
Good ,, Products are good, delivery time ok Will continue to use
Use of Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder
I drink 2 cups/day - 1 tsp matcha tea with warm/hot water and 1/4 cup organic soy milk and stevia drops- love it!
This matcha is excellent for my morning matcha latte. Amazing flavour, great price. I store mine in the freezer